Mr. and Mrs. Terry Hill 607 South Street, East
Historic Masonic Lodge Court Street, North Saturday Only 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Mrs. Salone Manley 110 South Street, East
Mrs. Nelson G. Conover 727 Maple Drive
Dr. and Mrs. Zack Dollar 411 Norman C. Wood Street
The home of Patty and Terry Hill. More information coming in January 2014.
Johnson-Montgomery Home, c.1890, Talladega, Alabama This Victorian, Queen Anne style home was built in 1895 by Seaborne Johnson, son of Dr. Joseph Henry Johnson, founder of the Alabama Institute for the Deaf and Blind. Like his father, Seaborne gave a lifetime of leadership to the institute. The house was soon sold to Dr. Groce Harrison, […]
“Contentment ” is the name chosen by the McGehee family for the house located at 404 Coffee St. It is named after a family home in Greensboro ,Alabama. The small frame house was purchased by Evelyn and Bill McGehee as a guest house for overflow of family and a future home for Evelyn’s mother, Stella […]
Oak Hill Cemetery, Talladega, Alabama. The remains of the soldiers killed during the Battle of Talladega were re-buried here at Oak Hill Cemetery and this monument erected by the Andrew Jackson Chapter of the D.A.R. in 1897.
Jemison-Carnegie Public Library c.1907, Talladega, Alabama Mrs. Lou McElderry Jemison donated the land and $10,000 towards building Talladega’s Public Library, along with the Andrew Carnegie Foundation. The building was built by local contractor Robert S. West in 1907. It served as the main library until a new library was constructed directly behind this one in […]