JOHNSON-BOWDEN HOME c.1907

Home of Russell Bowden

414 Cherry Street

This home was designed by Frank Lockwood of Montgomery, built by Dr. Hal Johnson and features American vignoli columns capped with scamozzi capitals. It is thought that Mary and Lawrence Dumas were the first to occupy the house. Shortly thereafter, Mr. J. F. Hanks, a local merchant, bought the house and lived there until his death in the late 1930s. In the early 1950s the house was bought by Kiser and Roberta Weaver. The Weavers were a prominent family in Talladega owning several businesses in town. The house remained in the Weaver family until 2014 when the current owners purchased the property.

Tags: